The highly anticipated iOS 8.3 jailbreak has been released just now as rumored for quite some time. This time, the jailbreak is done by the TaiG team and 3K Assistant!
Without further delay, Click here to go to the download page of the jailbreak tool. Only Windows version has been released at this moment. Here’s the official detailed tutorial.
The jailbreak tool looks the same as the previous one. Simply plug in your device and let the tool detect the environment and recognize your device. If failed, probably you need to open up iTunes and let it recognize your device for one time. Once succeed, you are ready to go!
Special note: For those who got stuck at 20% progress on a 64-bit PC, try to uninstall the latest iTunes and download an older version: 220.127.116.11 from 3K Assistant’s net drive. Make sure you download the 64-bit installer. After installation, install the iTunes 64-bit driver as suggested by TaiG/3K Assistant if you got an error message when detecting the environment. The package is also available here.
For more troubleshooting tutorials, please visit 3K Assistant’s dedicated website here.
- To start with, launch the TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.0.0 with Administrator. You can uncheck the 3K Assistant package but some people reported that it will cause the 20% loop.
- After a quick data processing stage (which is around 30 seconds), it will reboot your device at 20% mark
- After rebooting the device, the jailbreak process will continue. At 30% mark, it will be waiting for processing result. Should not take long at this point.
- Processing result will succeed at 32% until 40%
- Jailbreak program injection will start at 42%
- The injection will take a while to complete, until you see 59%…
- Your device will reboot again at 60% progress
- Jailbreak execution will start at around 76% until 90%. Be patient as it will take a while as well.
- Almost there…
- When you see 99% and Restarting device now, you are very very close to the finish line of iOS 8.3 jailbreak.
- And when you see this, you can have fun!
But as always, it is suggested to do the following preparations before jailbreaking your iDevice:
- Fully backup your iDevice on iTunes for restoring later
- Perform a clean restore on your iDevice on iTunes with the latest jailbreakable iOS firmware or ipsw file.
- Do not rush to jailbreak if you upgraded via OTA that could cause issues including bootloops
- Make sure you have read through and understand the instruction before clicking the jailbreak button.
- Turn off Passcode and Find my iPhone/iPad or complete sign out from iCloud
After you jailbroke your device:
- Note that the MobileSubstrate has yet been updated. So none of the tweaks will work at the moment, as alerted by @MuscleNerd
- Stay tuned with the jailbreak developer blog, website and social media on major reports or bug fixes
- Don’t panic if you encountered any issue with the first release
- For any issues, check popular sites and forums and see if anyone with you. Patiently wait for a fix