While Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8.1 hasn’t even come to devices officially, we’re seeing apps designed for it coming to the Windows Phone Store already. After Movie Moments, Reading List is the second high profile app from Microsoft’s stables to hit the platform. The app is a universal app, meaning your content on the app will be synced across devices.
Reading List allows you to save your favorite articles on the web and make them available for reading at a later point of time when you actually have the time to read them from top to bottom. You can organize the saved articles into categories, pin your favorite categories to Start Screen and share those articles on Facebook and OneNote. Here’s what the app offers in terms of features:
- Add bookmarks from any app or Internet Explorer to keep track of things you want to get back to later
- See your list in the Windows Reading List app that is available on all Windows 8.1 devices whether you’re on your phone or PC
- Easily remove items once you’re done with them
- Search through the items in your reading list to find specific things
- Each item is shown in a rich display, showing the title, images, and what app it came from
- Categorize items. You can group together ideas about the next place you want to vacation, articles about finance, or things you want to read for work
- Filter items easily by category
- Share a set of items from your list with others
- Removed an item by mistake? Use the recently deleted section to find it
Sounds neat, right? Grab Reading List for you Windows Phone 8.1 device on the Windows Phone Store here.