While not all of us are old enough to have lived through the golden age of gaming of the mid 80’s, you might remember Atari’s Haunted House that defined the survival horror genre. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, Atari’s bringing Haunted House to iOS to let you experience the same thrill and fear. Although Atari claims that the new game is based on the old old classic, they look nothing alike. Here’s what the game description reads:
- Sprint your way through tricky obstacles.
- Avoid scary Spiders, Scorpions, Bats, Vampires and more.
- Evade deadly traps including crumbling platforms, falling spikes and more.
- Collect hearts, skull coins and urns to replenish your health, raise your score and level up your character.
- Pick-up cool boosts to acquire special abilities.
The best part is that the game is free and can be picked for both iPhone and iPad. It seems like a decent game that is worth trying out if you have the time.